Short history of Todor Tsachev’s way to found a Marching band.
- October 2009 – Start of the organization to establish a US-style Marching Band in Bulgaria
- Todor Tsachev purchased with own funds 16 musical instruments and accessories, books and software from the American training program for Marching Band – Essential Elements.
- Also, purchased promotional materials, brochures and posters for the benefits from Marching Band for the children, the school, the city and society.
- Made an intensive information campaign in schools in the capital and the country.
- After a long search Zlatitsa Municipality represented by its mayor – Nonka Kamenova support the project and provide the funding for the training process.
- Made advertising campaign, casting and presentation to the children in St. Paisiy Hilendarski High School in Zlatitza with the assistance of the Director – Ms. Nelly Stefanova.
- From attending more than 60 children were selected only 16 due to lack of more musical instruments.
- The band was founded by students in 5th and 6th grade in terms of future development.
- The training started on 1st of May 2011. and two months later the band held its first appearance with a performance of “Ode to Joy” from Beethoven.
- In September 2011 America for Bulgaria Foundation approved Todor Tsachev’s project for development of the orchestra and made ??a donation for the purchase of uniforms and more instruments.
- The orchestra was joined by majorettes of St. Paisiy Hilendarski High School – Zlatitza and together participated in the opening of the school year on 15th of September 2011.
- On the occasion of Independence Day of Bulgaria held a parade through the streets of Zlatitza , which was enthusiastically admired by all citizens.
- The band and majorettes participated in the celebration of the feast of St. Paisiy Hilendarski and presented their new uniforms and new name – Marching Stars.
- 15th of December 2011 – Marching Stars Christmas Concert – first idependent concert.
- Created the site of Marching Stars Marching Band – www.marchingstars.org
- Since the beginning of 2012 the band and the majorettes participate actively in every celebration of the national or local holiday organized by the Municipality Zlatitza and St. Paisiy Hilendarski High School.
- During the spring school vacation Marching Stars made a 4 days preparatory camp in Borovets (Rila mountain). There were conducted intensive rehearsals of their first self- production – Star Spectacle.
- On 11th of May 2012 Marching stars participated in the opening ceremony of the twentieth anniversary of “Vlaykov days” in Pirdop. They made a parade through the central boulevard and performed their new show Star Spectacle. This was the first performance of the band and the majorettes outside Zlatitza.
That was the beginning. Since than a lot of performances, journeys and camps has been made from Marching Stars and its Band Director – Todor Tsachev. All of the kids have great emotions and keep warm memories with Marching Stars Marching Band.